Sous Chef Wanted (Full-Time, Permanent Position)
The Big Cat Sanctuary is a leading charity-based organisation, committed to protecting rare and endangered cats from extinction, through education, conservation and captive breeding programmes. Set in the heart of the beautiful Kent countryside, the BCS really is a working environment like no other.
As Sous Chef you will be responsible for supervising the BCS Catering provision & team, assisting the Head Chef to manage a busy kitchen and delivering consistently high-quality food and fresh, innovative dishes. You will ensure consistent quality in the daily preparation and production of BCS food, keeping up to date with new products, recipes and preparation techniques, often working unsupervised and controlling the other kitchen staff.
• Able to work under pressure and excellent culinary catering talent
• Must have a full driving license and access to a vehicle as BCS is not accessible by public transport
• At least 3 years experience cooking in a well-established restaurant or full-service hotel
• Full-time, permanent role (40 hours per week, 5 over 7 days between 07.00 & 22.00)
• General numbers are 16 for dinner & breakfast (with food being pre-ordered) and 30 for lunch
• Flexibility in working hours is essential, as is the willingness to work weekends and evenings
for further details please email email@example.com